We welcome you to join our beloved community
Becoming a member is a conscious act of moving into covenantal relationship with this religious community.
The six pillars of membership are:
- Attending Sunday Worship Service
- Financial Support of the Congregation's mission
- Dedication of time and leadership to the Congregation's work
- Commitment to one's own spiritual growth
- Acknowledgement of and identification with the larger Unitarian Universalist community
- Service toward social justice and peace
Joining the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Phoenix entails:
- finding agreement with the Unitarian Universalist Statement of Principles and Purposes and the Mission Statement of the UUCP;
- pledging your financial support to enable our ministry.
- signing the Membership Book
- familiarity with our congregation by one of the following: - participating in a newcomer orientation session - the “Pathway to Membership” class. - meeting face-to-face with our Assistant Minister by appointment.
- Youth under age 16 may also join by completing the "Coming of Age" program,which is held every two years
When you are ready to join, please attend a Pathway to Membership, call the office or email Rev. Linda Lawrence.
When you join you will:
- be introduced on a New Member Sunday as well as in our newsletter, Horizons.
- be contacted by various group leaders regarding interests you have indicated.
- be asked to pledge if you haven’t already turned in a Partial Year Pledge Card.
- have a voice and a vote at all congregational meetings and in the election of officers.